Registered Dental Hygienist
Are you looking to join a fun, compassionate team who loves coming to work every day and treats you like family? Look no further! We truly have the best patients, beautiful offices, and great benefits.
We have an immediate position available for a Dental Hygienist to join our team of fun- loving doctors and staff. We have two fee-for-service general practice locations in Lakeland with state-of-the-art technology and equipment. Experience using Dentrix software is preferred.
Patient hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday - Thursday.
We will consider part-time or full-time (Mon-Thurs) with competitive salary and benefits such as 401k, Vacation and Sick pay, uniform allowance, continuing education, and monthly commission.
Dental Hygienists considered for this position should be self-sufficient, motivated, passionate for our patients and willing to "go the extra mile".
We welcome all new graduates to apply!
The RDH is in a special position to provide our patients with the most important health service: ongoing preventive oral care by cleaning, scaling, and polishing teeth as well as oral hygiene instruction to prevent gum disease.
- Records treatment information on the patient’s chart, including treatment rendered, the type of treatment planned and the amount of chair time, doctor time and assistant time needed for next appointment.
- Exposes x-rays and uses proper XRVision layouts
- Records evaluation of periodontal conditions, occlusal relations, and extent of prophylaxison dental chart to ensure a complete diagnosis and proper treatment plan by the dentist.
- Provides customer service support to patients by escorting them to and from the treatment room.
- Administers Nitrous Oxide and Oxygen to patients as applicable.
- Applies non-aerosol and non-caustic topical agents.
- Removes excess cement from supragingival surfaces of teeth.
- Assists doctor during clinical exam and record findings and recommendations.
- Performs oral cancer exam on all patients.
- Scales, polishes, and applies fluoride to patient’s teeth.
- Prepares all treatment rooms including, but not limited to, set-up, decontamination, sterilizing and sharpening all instruments, cleaning hand pieces and room, restocking supplies
- Inspects patient’s oral cavity and charts lesions, existing restorations, and missing teeth.
- Evaluates gingival health and health of all oral tissue.
- Executes root planning and Myofunctional evaluations.
- Educates patients on the importance of preventative care, the disease process, and the role of bacteria. Provide appropriate educational literature and instruction on home care.
- Polishes restorations and appliances (partials, dentures, etc.).
- Schedules patient’s next treatment appointment, or communicates with appropriate staff to ensure this is done before patient leaves the practice.
- Implements and monitors recall system; contacts patients who are overdue for a recall.
- Helps fill the patient schedule when there are openings to keep production levels high each day.
- Ability to maintain composure and professionalism when exposed to stressful situations.
- Skilled in the use of a Cavitron, Digital x-ray sensors and prophy jet.
- Ability to perform scaling and root planning, take radiographs, and administer local anesthetic and Nitrous Oxide.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations and changes.
- Current RDH license - Florida
- CPR & first aid certificate