Director of Health Information Management
Ballinger Memorial Hospital is seeking a Director of Health Information Management
BMHD is a critical access hospital that has a service area of 635 square miles and serves over 8,500 citizens.
Ballinger Memorial Hospital District offers numerous outpatient services, acute and swing bed care, and is certified as a level IV trauma ER.
Ballinger Memorial Hospital District participates in and promotes activities that encourage wellness in our community.
All employees receive competitive compensation and Texas County & District Retirement System Retirement (including a 7.7% employer contribution).
All Full-Time employees are offered medical, dental, vision, paid and optional life insurance, paid long term disability, short term disability, critical illness and accident, and a generous PTO and EIB package.
The Director of Health Information Management develops department goals, objectives, standards of performance, and policies and procedures. The Director also organizes the department in accordance with Administrative guidelines to provide specified health information management services to meet legal, organizational, and Medical Staff guidelines.
Additionally, the Director directs the implementation and ensures compliance with the standard of HIM services and Conditions of Participations of Medicare and Medicaid. The Director also serves as the District’s Privacy Officer.
- Associate’s degree required.
- Bachelor’s degree in health field or related field preferred.
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) required.
- RHIT or RHIA preferred.
- Equivalent work experience may substitute for degree.
- Five years of HIM experience.
- Three years of supervisory experience (Director, Assistant Director, Supervisor)
- Five years of experience in acute care facility and familiarity with hospital regulations and functions of various departments.
- Demonstrated leadership, management abilities, and computer skills.