Registered Nurse - Cardiac Cath Lab #30349, Clinical Manager Cardiology #23927
Baylor Scott & White Surgical Hospital at Sherman is excited to be offering positions in our Cardiac Cath Lab.
We are currently looking to fill the Cardiac Nurse Manager and the Cardiac Cath Lab RN full time positions.
Registered Nurse - Cardiac Cath Lab
Job ID: 30349
Location: Sherman, Texas
Facility: Sherman Baylor
The RN is responsible for implementing all physician orders, providing for the continuity and quality nursing care for all patients, with continual evaluation of the patients' condition, providing patient safety, comfort, and privacy at all times. At times, assist the physician in the procedure room with various tasks, conscious sedation and utilizing sterile technique as deemed appropriate. Obtain supplies for individual cases and ensures all appropriate needs of the Cardiac Cath Lab team are met.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Texas RN license
- Current BLS, and able to obtain ACLS
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a Cardiac Cath Lab setting is preferred.
- Ability to perform a cardiac assessment per Cath Lab Assessment Sheet on all patients and reassessments as per policy
- Strong knowledge of surgical procedures and management of the surgical patient
- Understand principles of aseptic technique and their implementation
- Knowledge base to recognize, evaluate, solve problems and correct errors
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing condition of the patient when needed
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrate strong professional and ethical behavior
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, physicians and fellow employees. (TEAMWORK)
- Strong customer service skills
- Demonstrate accountability, creativity, innovation and be receptive to change
- Possess basic knowledge of Performance Improvement ideology
Clinical Manager Cardiology
Job ID: 23927
Location: Sherman, Texas
Facility: Baylor Sherman
Directs, coordinates and controls the multi-disciplinary activities for patients in our Cardiology Department. Responsible for the interpretation, direction and evaluation of nursing practice to promote safe, efficient and therapeutically effective nursing care throughout the department. Demonstrates the primary goal of providing cardiology services that exceed customer expectations and improve clinical and financial operations.
Experience as a Cath Lab Charge Nurse or Supervisor is preferred.
We offer an excellent benefit package that includes Medical, Dental ,Vision, 401K, Short term long term disability. We offer company paid life insurance as well. We offer a generous paid time off plan, personal days and 7 paid holidays a year.
- Graduate of a professional school of Nursing.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the state of Texas.
- Current certification in Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Pediatric Advanced Life Support.
- Two years supervisory experience in Cardiology service area a plus.
- Good command of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work well with physicians, employees, patients and others.
- The knowledge, skills, and abilities of a Staff Nurse are required for this position.
We offer an excellent benefits package which includes a generous Paid Time Off plan.
For more information on our available positions and to apply - click apply now!