Front Office Specialist - Medical Center
Broad Top Area Medical Center, operating 12 medical offices in Huntingdon County, PA, is seeking a full-time Front Office Specialist to coordinate all aspects of a patient’s office visit with respect to the following front desk, medical records and referral duties:
- Welcome patients and visitors to the medical office; answer inquiries or refer questions to other staff members.
- Schedule appointments for the physicians to optimize patient satisfaction, provider time and most effective utilization of examining and treatment rooms.
- Register patients, update demographic and insurance information, collect payments and generate receipts.
- Maintain and balance cash box daily.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide assistance appropriate to the age of patients ranging from newborn to geriatric.
- Maintain patient records in a professional manner with confidentiality; transfer medical records as requested.
- Receive patient or guardian for needed referral. Provider will indicate time frame for referral.
- Interview patient or guardian for needed personal and billing data, transportation needs and other relevant information.
- Make referral for specialist consult or schedule appointment with ancillary department(s).
Requirements of the Candidate:
- High school diploma, post-high school education encouraged
- Medical/general office experience/skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Good communication skills with all levels of personnel
- Knowledge of computers and general office equipment
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits plan including health insurance, vision insurance, dental insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, paid time-off, and retirement plan.
This is a great full-time job opportunity working with a community-based and patient-directed organization that provides comprehensive primary health care and preventative care services. Apply today!
Broad Top Area Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer.