Since 1977, Cataldo Ambulance Service, Inc. has continually distinguished itself as a leader in providing routine and emergency medical services. As the needs of the community and the patient change, we continue to introduce innovative programs to ensure the highest level of care is available to everyone in our service area. Cataldo is the largest private EMS provider in Massachusetts, boasting a diverse portfolio of municipal-based and facility-based contracts. In addition to topping 50,000 911 transports annually, specialty contracts include some of the top medical facilities in the state, Fenway Park, Warrior Arena, and the TD Garden.
- Starting wages up to $30/hr, commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including paid time off, medical and dental insurance, and 401(k) available for full time employees.
- Career pathing opportunities available
- Full time, part time, and per diem opportunities available
- Positions available in the following communities: Beverly, Chelsea, Danvers, Everett, Lynn, Malden, Marblehead, Needham, Newburyport, Newton, Peabody, Revere, Salem, Saugus, Somerville, Swampscott, Wakefield, Waltham, and Wellesley
The EMT-Paramedic is responsible for the safe and efficient response, treatment, and transport of all persons requesting or requiring emergent or non-emergent medical services.
Cataldo offers both new and seasoned Paramedics the opportunity to learn, grow, and provide exceptional patient care. Given the mix of contracts and communities we serve, Cataldo is the top destination for Paramedics who are looking to gain experience in both the 911 and inter-facility transfer lines of care. Consider joining one of our special response tactical teams, or pick up shifts during a Bruins or Red Sox game – at Cataldo, you’ll be where the action is!
- Provide quality patient care in accordance with clinical operating policies, statewide protocols, and accepted standards of care
- Attend to all patients in a courteous, professional manner
- Operate the ambulance in accordance with safety rules and regulations; company policies and procedures; federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and statutes
- Complete a vehicle and equipment checklist at the beginning of each assigned shift. Inspect and clean the assigned vehicle and all equipment. Ensure compliance with minimum stock requirements, proper function and cleanliness of all equipment
- Complete and submit all documentation/paperwork requirements daily
- Communicate effectively with EMS agencies, physicians, and other health care providers
- Must be able to maintain a reliable attendance record
- Be knowledgeable of and comply with all company policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Perform daily housekeeping duties at all assigned bases of operation
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record
- Must be fully state certified, CPR certified, maintain and SAED authorization
- Must be able to pass a background check, including CORI
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and lift test
- Previous driving experience in a commercial setting a plus
- Commitment to providing exemplary customer service
- Must be able to life and maneuver 125 pounds with assistance and without difficulty
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs without difficulty and the ability to lift and carry 125 pounds up and down two flights of stairs with assistance and without difficulty
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to sit, stand, kneel for long periods of time
- Must be able to walk without difficulty and without affecting the immediate performance of job-related duties
- Must be able to bend, stoop and crawl as duties require
- Occasionally must be able to work in low light and confined spaces
The above are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person/people in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position.
Cataldo Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer