The Appointment Scheduler is primarily responsible for answering phones, scheduling patient appointments for office visits, and reviewing/verifying patient insurance. They also perform other duties as assigned.
- Take calls from queue and make patient appointments per next available time slot.
- Verify Benefits.
- Cancel and Re-schedule appointments as requested by patients/doctors and advise appropriate staff of re-schedules.
- Obtain needed PCP referrals prior to office visits and procedures.
- Review doctor’s schedules as needed ensuring no holes in physician schedules.
- Confirm patient’s insurance and demographic information in the computer system. Set up new patient accounts in Epic.
- Load referrals into Epic.
- Must possess ability to work independently.
- Identifies and resolves work problems to ensure quality patient service.
- Prepare and mail new patient packets.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.
At Charlotte Gastroenterology & Hepatology, we strive to provide our patients with an exceptional healthcare experience. The key to achieving that goal is to hire dedicated, patient-focused staff members. If you want to work for a medical practice with a team-oriented culture, please explore our open positions. As part of our commitment to recruiting the best candidates, we offer competitive pay and benefits.