Charlotte Gastroenterology & Hepatology is seeking a Benefits/Billing Specialist. This position is responsible for verifying benefits prior to patient procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Verify insurance benefits and eligibility via any method available; payer portal online, phone calls.
- Create Pre-cert Letter to patient advising of their out-of-pocket estimate.
- Upload pre-cert letter to patient portal when available.
- Contact last minute add on patients via phone to advise of out-of-pocket estimate.
- Print letters and labels for mailing.
- Answer incoming telephone calls and resolve benefit related inquiries while providing excellent customer service.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality.
- Attend required meetings as requested.
- Reports any work problems to manager to ensure quality patient service.
- Other general office duties and/or special projects as assigned by Central Billing Office Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
Excellent Customer Service a must.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of six (6) months experience with medical insurance, benefits verification, medical billing or related.
We offer competitive pay and benefits.