Caseworker/Caseworker Trainee - Social Services
Caseworker/Caseworker Trainee – Social Services
Looking for energetic, team-oriented person. Responsibilities include interviewing, assessments, goal planning and crisis intervention with adults and children at risk in Delaware County. Involves field work and concise documentation. Full-time position. County car use provided for job activities. School-Based Caseworker positions available.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Civil Service Test required.
Base Starting Salary 45,966 (CW)/42,793 (CWT)
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Interviews clients, family members and others to gather information related to economic situation, emotional state, social relationships, personal characteristics, education and employment information, living arrangements, etc.;
- Reviews existing case records and consults with agency staff to obtain additional background information;
- Consults with other service agencies who may be involved with clients and their families;
- Evaluates available information and identifies the need for services;
- Formulates a service plan to meet the needs of the client and their family;
- Consults with supervisor relative appropriateness of service plan;
- Discuss relevant portions of service plan with client and family and establishes a relationship with them to persuade them to cooperate and participate in the plan;
- Provides counseling to motivate the client and their family and to increase their capacity and confidence in their ability to handle problems;
- Works closely with other staff members and other service providers in carrying out the service plan;
- Monitors progress of client and family and conducts regular and special case reviews to determine the effectiveness of the service plan and the need for modification and/or addition of services;
- When foster care of a child is indicated makes a recommendation as to what type of foster care would best meet the needs of the child;
- Works with the child's family in order to return a child in foster care to his or her home as soon as circumstances and conditions permit;
- May conduct investigations of child abuse and neglect;
- Prepares precise, detailed records and reports; Operates a personal computer and/or mainframe terminal to enter and retrieve information;
- May be required to testify in a court of law or administrative hearing and assists in preparations for such hearing or trial;
- Responsible for periodic on-call coverage at night and on weekends to handle all types of social service emergencies.
If interested please apply within!