SCHOOL HEALTH COUNSELOR
Lake City and Manton School Health Counselor E.O.E.
District Health Department #10 seeks a part-time or full-time School Health Counselor in Lake City Public School and/or Manton Public Schools. This position will be based in Lake City School in Missaukee County or Manton School in Wexford County.
- Working independently, provides mental health therapy in a school-based health center.
- Responsible for mental health assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning, psychotherapy, groups, and referrals to agencies for students who attend Lake City and/or Manton Public Schools.
- This position is eligible for the National Health Service Corp. Loan Reimbursement.
- Masters prepared graduate of an accredited school of social work, counseling, or related program.
- Licensed Master of Social Work or Licensed Professional Counselor by State of Michigan (preferred).
- Will consider a Limited Licensed Counselor or a Limited Master of Social Work.
- Experience providing child/adolescent/family counseling or social work.
- Communication skills necessary to interact appropriately with children/parents/guardians, co-workers, school staff, and the public. District health provides a competitive benefit package. Submit resume and cover letter no later than October 2, 2023
*District Health Department #10 is an equal opportunity employer and will not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital or veteran