TPPA Program Coordinator
SALARY RANGE: $34,632 - $42,000 Annually
BENEFIT ALLOWANCE: $7,200 Annually
REPORTS TO: Community Outreach Manager
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Hourly - Full-time
Job Goal: To promote the Healthy Start mission by working closely with the Community Outreach Manager to ensure all Teen Pregnancy Prevention Alliance (TPPA) contract and deliverable requirements are met in a timely manner.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The focus of this position is to oversee the Teen Pregnancy Prevention Alliance program deliverables. The position must work with teens to promote healthy choices/lifestyle including prevention of teen pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections and diseases. Responsible to prepare and maintain documentation to ensure all deliverables are met timely, efficiently, and accurately.
- Serve as an educational and programmatic advocate and resource on adolescent pregnancy prevention and making healthy choices.
- Coordinate the development, implementation, and periodic evaluation of the Teen Pregnancy Prevention Alliance.
- Work with funders to implement selected curricula and/or activities in the Polk area (Ex: FDOH – Polk initiatives, TOP classes in residential foster homes, development of Youth Leadership Team groups)
- Plan and coordinate community meetings, trainings, and activities of the TPPA.
- Prepare, monitor, and submit program budgets and ensure compliance with contract requirements. Prepare all required reports and maintain appropriate records.
- Create and maintain a positive image of the Coalition.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree (BA or BS preferred) or equivalent experience preferred in Human Relations, Health Field, or Health Administration.
- At least 3 years’ experience teaching, educating, and mentoring youth.
- At least 4 years in health care, education, or human services.
- Knowledge of data collection software helpful.
- Training in Human Sexuality Education
- Must be able to work independently and think creatively.
- Personal vehicle and appropriate automobile insurance coverage, along with good driving record.
- Will require travel throughout tri-county region, attending night and weekend meetings and events.
- Interpersonal skills requiring courtesy, tact, confidentiality, and empathy always, to communicate effectively and convey information to callers, visitors, and co-workers.
- Ability to work independently in local office in Bartow, FL with a good portion spent in the field.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Responsible, enthusiastic, and energetic individual capable of working independently as well as within a team structure.
- Knowledge of budgets and accounting.
- Knowledge of Office 365 (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Publisher).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as strong client engagement skills.
- Knowledge about the Polk community is desirable.
- Proven team player
- Ability to become versed on contract requirements
- Ability to effectively organize work activities and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Must have valid driver's license, safe driving record, have reliable transportation and maintain own car insurance.
- Upon hiring, candidate will pass a level 2 AHCA background screening and drug test. Report results may impact ability to be employed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, listen, and use hands and fingers to operate and handle keyboards and controls. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Benefit Allowance (in lieu of health insurance) - $7,200 annually, added biweekly to payroll
- Paid Time Off (begin accruing after 90-day probation) & 1 Admin Day annually
- 403(b) Retirement Plan (6%)
- Life Insurance - $25,000
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Mileage Reimbursement
Click APPLY NOW to send your resume today!
An Equal Opportunity Employer