Clinic LVN/ Medical Assistant - Marble Falls, TX
Provide and document direct nursing care of assigned patients under the supervision of a registered nurse or physician. Nursing care is guided by the physician orders and the nursing plan of care. Patient response to care is reported to a registered nurse or provider for evaluation, intervention and modification of plan of care. Assist other health care personnel in the delivery of patient care.
- Assist physicians and other personnel in the performance of various diagnostic procedures.
- Assist in the development and implementation of general policies and procedures to provide for the emotional and physical comfort and safety of patients.
- Participate in maintaining the environment of care including equipment and other material resources.
- Participate in the identification of clinical or operational performance improvement opportunities and assist in performance improvement activities.
- Participate in in-service education programs and other conferences within the service.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Knowledge and Skills: Able to independently seek out resources and work collaboratively. Working knowledge of infection control procedures, sterile techniques, and safety precautions that are applicable to work performed. Working knowledge of sanitation, personal hygiene, and basic health and safety precautions applicable to work in a clinic setting. Working knowledge and completion of appropriate TJC and other regulatory requirements. Maintain current BLS certification, and/or other specialized life support requirements designated by work area or organizations.