Environmental Services Associate
Interview Day at Holy Name
Holy Name is having an In-Person Interview Day to recruit for our Environmental Services Team! All shifts are currently available.
To qualify, you must have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- A flexible, friendly, positive and customer-focused personality
- Willingness to work every other weekend
- Prior housekeeping or custodial experience preferred
Interviews will take place:
Tuesday, March 7 from 9 am to 1 pm
If you cannot attend interview day then please click the Apply button
According to established procedures performs a variety of Environmental Services duties including but not limited to housekeeping, floor care, mail & linen rooms, and waste management.
High school diploma or equivalent, understands and follows written and/or oral instructions, no formal experience necessary.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Completes tasks as per the position schedule or as assigned.
- Interacts with coworkers, patients and visitors with compassion, courtesy and a professional customer focused manner.
- Prepares solutions according to manufacturer recommendations.
- Cleans assigned area by sanitizing furniture, surfaces, and equipment with germicidal cleaning solution.
- Prepares discharged beds for next patient promptly and effectively, recording the completion time properly.
- Demonstrates the ability to report discharge activity appropriately via the computer.
- Dust and damp mops floors, vacuums carpets, and arranges furniture and equipment in an orderly fashion after cleaning area.
- Replenishes supplies such as: paper towels, toilet tissue and soaps prior to dispenser being empty.
- Safely operates various types of electrical cleaning equipment such as vacuums, auto-scrubbers, burnishers, buffing machines and carpet extractors.
- Performs cleaning in specialty areas such as Surgical, ICU, Labor and Delivery and Nursery using proper cleaning solutions and techniques as prescribed by departmental procedures.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)