Wellness Programs Supervisor
This position will be located at the Two Rivers Activity Center (TRAC). TRAC is a state of-the-art recreation center designed to support health and wellness for all ages. Our cause is to make our community the best place to live and play by providing resources, programs and opportunities that promote health and well-being. Our work focuses on; health and wellness programming, recreational and leisure activities, and youth development.
• Community- We are all in this together.
• Quality- We provide an exceptional experience.
• Integrity- We act with high ethical standards.
• Inspiration- We believe in what we do to make a difference.
Under the general supervision of the TRAC Facility Manager the Wellness Programs Supervisor will provide the overall vision, direction, and development of TRAC Wellness programs. This individual will have direct involvement with guests by teaching, training, and leading programs when needed. The Wellness Programs Supervisor will directly oversee Group Exercise Instructors, Wellness Attendants and Personal Trainers.
• Interacts with guests in a warm and friendly way.
• Listens to understand what guests have to say.
• Takes immediate action to meet guest requests or needs.
• Recognizes safety hazards and takes corrective action; seeking assistance when needed.
• Demonstrates knowledge of operational policies and procedures. • Abides by the JPRD security camera policy and operate and uses video recordings appropriately.
• Performs work safely, without causing harm or risk to self, others or property.
Mission and Values
• Demonstrates personal commitment to the Mission and Values of the facility.
• Makes a decision considering the impact of the decision on other areas. • Initiates collaboration with others outside of service area.
• Models accountability for learning by sharing knowledge and learning from others. • Regular and predictable attendance is required.
• Builds effective working relationships.
• Expresses appreciation to others for their work.
• Treats others with respect.
• Demonstrates both knowledge and application of TRAC policies, procedures, and guidelines.
• Facilitates and supports change within TRAC and Jamestown Parks and Recreation. • Demonstrates commitment to continuous learning for themselves and staff. • Demonstrates and applies continuous quality improvement knowledge and skills.
• Professionalism/Integrity - Models high standards of principles, values, and ethics through policy decisions, professional duties, and personal actions in the organization and the community.
• Leadership/Visualization - Monitors and anticipates changes with the fitness, wellness, and health care industry. Seeks input from others and provides direction to employees; listens and communicates to ensure acceptance and ownership of strategic and operational direction as well as the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• Decision Making/Problem Solving - Gathers information selects the best strategy, implements, and evaluates decisions to assure continuous improvement and contribution to the long-term best interest of TRAC and its constituents.
• Manages Money - Ensures good stewardship of financial resources through generating revenue and/or controlling costs; provides oversight for the financial condition of area of responsibility by managing effectively within budget.
• Manages Employee Resources - Promotes high levels of employee engagement, performance, and retention, and allocates resources consistent with TRAC’s mission of service.
• Demonstrates skill in accessing, preparing, and using information as relevant to position.
• Verbalizes and demonstrates knowledge of procedures for maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee and member information.
• Demonstrates ability to collect, analyze and present data as appropriate to position.
• Demonstrates skill in use of equipment relevant to position; verbalizes knowledge of appropriate safety procedures.
• Diagnoses equipment problems; repairs equipment or seeks out appropriate person to make repairs.
• Consistently informs appropriate person of problems encountered with repairs or calibration of equipment.
Duties and responsibilities
• Accountable for fostering a fitness environment that maximizes safety and leads to user satisfaction. Takes a “health and safety first” approach to all aspects of programming.
• Partners with the Facility Maintenance Supervisor to ensure a safe, efficient, attractive, and well-maintained facility including following emergency policies and procedures.
• Works in partnership with the Maintenance Department to assure fitness areas and equipment are operating within health and safety guidelines.
• Accountable for the recruitment, selection, development, and scheduling of the wellness and fitness staff and for ensuring that the employees work as a team in achieving the department and organizations goals. Holds regular and effective staff meetings.
• Develops methods for training wellness and fitness staff in accordance with national standards.
• Oversees coaching of guests in support of their desired behavior change. Regularly checks on guests’ progress in meeting personal and program goals. • Answers questions from guests to support them in achieving their goals related to healthy living. Maintains working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to guests and staff.
• Ensures that wellness staff build effective, authentic relationships with members; helps members connect with each other and TRAC. Introduces new members to group exercise communities based on their health and well-being goals.
• Utilizes tools and information for the purpose of increasing guest knowledge of wellness as well as wellness programs provided through TRAC.
• May conduct post-enrollment interviews to understand new members’ definition of well-being, personal goals, cultural background, healthcare needs, diverse abilities and interests and develops plans to meet their individual needs.
• Coordinates the Water Exercise programming with the Aquatics Supervisor. • Coordinates the Group Fitness programming.
• Oversees Personal Training.
• Provides direct involvement with the members by teaching, training, and leading group exercise when needed.
• Participates in the development of the annual business plan and oversees the financial targets for the Wellness Department.
• Maintains and implements Jamestown Parks and Recreation and TRAC policies and procedures and assures they are followed by staff and members.
• Submits billing requests accurately and timely; assures budget is maintained. • Serves as the liaison to TRAC management team and other departments and staff within the district.
• Perform other duties as delegated by the TRAC Facility Manager.
• Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Physiology, Exercise Science, Health and Fitness Administration, Health Promotion or related field.
• Minimum two years’ experience working in a similar facility preferred. • Supervisory experience preferred.