Caregiver / Companion Care
Mockingbird Comfort Care, LLC is now hiring for Caregiver/Companion Care positions.
Responsible for non-medical, in-home support services which provide for the comfort, safety, and general supervision of clients as well as home management services. Provides companionship to those individuals requiring socialization and/or minimum guidance to assure a safe, protected, clean, and orderly environment.
- Provides general attention to clients’ non-medical needs in accordance with an established Plan of Care.
- Provides companionship for the client including, but not limited to: talking and listening, reading aloud, providing social and emotional support.
- Provides emotional support and promotes a sense of well-being.
- Provides light housekeeping tasks including laundering of client’s garments and linens.
- May prepare and serve meals as directed, and clean kitchen after each meal.
- Assists client in completing necessary phone calls, letter writing, etc.
- Accompanies client on walks, community trips, doctor’s office, bank, beauty salons, etc.
- Reminds client to take self-administered medications.
- Reports any changes in the client’s mental, physical, or emotional condition or home situation to immediate supervisor in a timely manner.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and a professional relationship with clients, family members, and co-workers.
- Completed required documentation of services delivered and submits to office.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding client information.
- Other reasonable related duties as assigned.
Position Physical Demands:
The work requires light physical exertion on a regular and recurring basis, such as driving, assisting client in activities, and light housekeeping. Regularly required to stand sit, walk, talk, and hear. Occasionally required to reach and lift.