Senior Clinical Administrative Support Specialist
Norman E. Alessi MD PLC Ann Arbor, MI Full-time Health Care Provider
Posted on June 6, 2022
We are a growing mental health practice lead by Dr. Norman Alessi, professor emeritus and former departmental Director of Psychiatry at the University of Michigan medical school. Rated as one of America's top doctors and has been ranked #1 in Michigan for child and adolescent psychiatric services. We are beginning to include cutting edge therapeutic modalities including psychedelic-assisted therapy, executive function coaching, and immersive skill-building. We take a creative, high-touch, outcome driven approach to achieve consistently superior results for our patients.
What you will be doing:
You will execute and manage all administrative and basic operational functions associated with deliivery of clinical services. In addition to routine front office duties, you will analyze and proactively increase the efficiency of our core operations, supporting up to 4 mental health professionals. The measure of your success will be the amount of time the clinicians DO NOT spend on administrative and clerical matters, allowing for additional patients to be seen.
You will routinely interact with mentally ill individuals, including children, adolescents, adults, as well as their family members, and need to comfortable establishing rapport with a diverse customer set.
A respectful, organized, and detail-oriented demeanor is important for ensuring a smooth high-quality customer experience and positive outcomes. An exceptional candidate will be able to develop rapport with customers and vendors naturally and communicate effectively to a diverse set of customers.
1.) 1-3 years of experience in a professional health treatment setting
2.) 3-5 years in an administrative support, management, advanced clerical, or professional assistant role.
3.) Highly organized, excellent communication skills, spoken and written
4.) Detail oriented and dependable
5.) Associate or Bachelor's degree, preferably in health-related field
6.) Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects
7.) Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, fellow employees and referral sources
8.) Familiarity with Microsoft and Google suite of products e.g. Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc
9.) 2 positive references
1. Completes assigned administrative and clerical projects with direct supervision as required
2. Proactively identify and implement ways to reduce clinician administrative workload
3. Oversees and/or execute routine office tasks, including scheduling appointments, validating insurance and payment authorization, inputting claims, processing payments, performing account collections, conducting billing research and responding to telephone/email inquiry
4. Perform basic administrative accounting via Quickbooks
5. Writing clinician correspondences, proof reading, editing, fact checking
6. Transcription of clinical notes
7. Reference collection from the University of Michigan Library, in person and online
8. Service/vendor research and selection
9. Office errands (may include use of a personal vehicle, all miles reimbursed)
10. Oversight of up to 2 non-clinical interns or junior staff members
Professional/personal development support Web Id: 0010357795