Job Title: Housekeeper (Environmental Services Tech)
Job Status: Non-exempt
Job Type: Full-time (40 hour)
Schedule: Requires every-other-weekend and holidays
Pay: Starting at $14.90/hour
We are seeking a Housekeeper for a full-time role. The Housekeeper performs day-to-day housekeeping activities to ensure clean, sanitary, and comfortable conditions throughout the facility.
Pleasant Valley Manor is a premier non-profit long-term care facility located in the idyllic foothills of the Pocono Mountains near Stroudsburg, PA, with caring roots in our community since 1974, delivering unparalleled quality and compassionate resident care with a focus on individual resident needs, and delivering positive outcomes for residents and their families.
- Competitive Pay
- 401(k) Retirement Plan & 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Immediate Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits (no waiting period)
- Long-Term Disability
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Discount Program
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- COVID Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development Assistance
The duties and responsibilities of a Housekeeper include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates daily housekeeping services with nursing services.
- Performs routine cleaning and sanitizing assignments in resident living quarters and recreational areas, and other facility areas. Ensures such areas are clean, sanitized, safe, and organized.
- Follows proper safety precautions and procedures when using cleaning solutions, equipment, and other cleaning supplies.
- Ensures that established infection control practices are maintained in the course of conducting housekeeping duties and responsibilities.
- Coordinates routine/terminal isolation procedures with nursing services as needed.
- Maintains and cleans smoking area.
- Cleans vacant rooms and isolation rooms per procedures. Turns over beds and replaces bed linens, and tidies up resident environment.
- Cleans, dusts, and polishes furnishings, fixtures, ledges, shelves, desks, heating and A/C units, etc., in resident rooms and throughout the facility.
- Cleans, washes, sanitizes, and polishes bathroom fixtures. Ensures no water marks are present.
- Cleans, washes, sanitizes, and polishes mirrors throughout the facility.
- Cleans floors, which includes sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing, disinfecting, etc. Assures appropriate safety signs and cones are set up prior to floor cleaning.
- Cleans carpets, to include vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing, and disinfection.
- Cleans walls and ceilings by washing, scrubbing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, and disinfecting.
- Cleans hallways, stairs, and elevators.
- Removes dirt, dust, grease, soiling, film, etc., from surfaces using proper solutions.
- Discards trash and waste, in accordance with procedures, into proper containers and relines trash receptacles. Observes all recycling policies and places such materials in their own receptacles.
- Cleans and properly stores away equipment and supplies. Puts away stock in its proper place.
- Ensures work areas are clean and that equipment, tools, and supplies are properly stored.
- Ensures adequate levels of housekeeping supplies. Informs Director of supply needs.
- Immediately reports noncompliant conditions such as burnt out lights/light bulbs and other equipment or fixtures in non-operating condition.
- Immediately reports accidents, hazardous conditions, and malfunctioning or broken equipment to the Director or another authorized representative.
- Turns in found articles to Human Resources or the Administrator.
- Maintains resident confidentiality.
- Performs other housekeeping and emergency functions as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED certificate.
- Minimum 6 months experience, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Proficiency in reading and writing the English language.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be able to function independently and in teams.
- Ability to deal respectfully with residents.
- Temperature screenings.
- COVID testing.
- PPE required and provided.
- Social distancing guidelines in place.
- Escalated sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning measures.
Pleasant Valley Manor is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other state and federal protected class.
As we navigate the COVID crisis, Pleasant Valley Manor continues to observe CDC guidelines and takes every precautionary measure to ensure potential candidates, our staff, and our residents remain safe.