Job Title: Receptionist
- 3:00 m. – 11:00 p.m. Every Other Weekend & Some Holidays
- 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Other Weekend & Some Holidays
Job Type: Part-Time
Job Status: Non-Exempt
Pay: $14.43/hr. to start
We are seeking a Receptionist to join our growing team for an immediate part-time role. The Receptionist position requires a friendly smile, professionalism, and respectful disposition that’s focused on greeting guests and being the “face” of the organization.
Pleasant Valley Manor is a premier non-profit long-term care facility located in the idyllic foothills of the Pocono Mountains near Stroudsburg, PA, with caring roots in our community since 1974, delivering unparalleled quality and compassionate resident care with a focus on individual resident needs, and delivering positive outcomes for residents and their families.
The duties and responsibilities of a Receptionist include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately.
- Answers, screens, and forwards calls as necessary. Takes messages and ensures messages are passed to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
- Provides visitors with information. Responds to visitor questions in person and over the phone.
- Sets appointments as needed.
- Escorts visitors to appropriate personnel or departments.
- Manages the facility’s entry system.
- Directs visitors to COVID screening kiosk. Assists visitors with kiosk.
- Manages and dispatches mail and parcels for post.
- Receives, sorts, and delivers mail, parcels, and employee correspondence to the appropriate personnel and departments.
- Manages the receptionist station’s supplies, such as paper, and maintains services, such as printer ink refills.
- Performs ad-hoc administration duties as required.
- Positively promotes the facility to visitors and resident families.
- Keeps a safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to a team effort and supports adjacent departments as needed.
- Observe and enforce the company’s elopement policy.
- Reliable attendance.
- 18 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior reception experience preferred, but not required. Experience working in a hospital, skilled nursing facility, or other healthcare facility a plus.
- Ability to speak, read, and understand the English language.
- Familiarity with PBX phone systems; telecommunications skills.
- Some proficiency with MS Office.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Ability to work in a team and collaborate well with others.
- Respectful, positive, and friendly attitude.
- Dependability and reliability.
As we navigate the COVID crisis, Pleasant Valley Manor continues to observe CDC guidelines and takes every precautionary measure to ensure potential candidates, our staff, and our residents remain safe.
- Temperature screenings.
- COVID testing.
- PPE required and provided.
- Social distancing guidelines in place.
- Escalated sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning measures.
Pleasant Valley Manor is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other state and federal protected class.
In accordance with federal law, Pleasant Valley Manor has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. All new hires must be vaccinated before beginning work. “Fully vaccinated” means a first and second vaccination dose, or one dose if opting for the Janssen vaccine. Applicants seeking an exemption from COVID-19 vaccination for medical or religious reasons should complete a Request for Accommodation form and submit it to Human Resources. If you are an unvaccinated new hire against, COVID-19 vaccination can be administered free of charge at Pleasant Valley Manor. Should you have further questions regarding the federal vaccination mandate, please call Pleasant Valley Manor and ask to speak to Human Resources.