Oncology Nurse - Full Time
The nurse will provide and coordinate infusion activities to assure compassionate patient care. Provides direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and clinic standards. The Infusion Nurse will also promote a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administer chemotherapy IV fluids via peripherally inserted central catheters.
- Identifies, assesses and diagnoses problems through patient assessment and interactions; and evaluates actual or potential patient health problems.
- Develops and participates in educating patients, their families, or significant others about post discharge care programs.
- Initiates patient care meetings with the health care team to revise the plan of care as the patient’s condition warrants.
- Maintains a safe and therapeutic patient care environment.
- Provides guidance and direction to members of the health care team to ensure quality patient care.
- Keeps current on advances in nursing care by participating in educational programs.
- Orients and educates new staff in nursing techniques and departmental procedures.
- Provides and oversees direct patient care in accordance with established nursing protocol and physicians’ orders.
- Utilizes knowledge of medications, procedures, infection control, and safety precaution; and initiates appropriate interventions in crisis situations.
- Participates in total quality management to positively affect patient and system outcomes to improve care.
- Documents patient care in the health care record according to standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members.
- Providing safe, effective, appropriate and comprehensive infusion services to oncology patients.
- Provides education and follow-up care after patients have been released from chemotherapy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, life insurance and 401K.