College Laboratory Assistant / Paramedic
To assist lead instructor with reinforcing didactic material and evaluating paramedic students in the EMS lab.
* Post-secondary or industry certificate/diploma/degree or relevant licensure in paramedicine.
* Current certification by American Heart Association as a Basic Life Support (BLS) instructor
* 6 months of teaching/tutoring experience in paramedic medicine at the high school level or above, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
* Paramedic AAS degree, BA / BS in any field, registration or licensure as physician, physician’s assistant / nurse practitioner, registered nurse.
* 1 – 3 years’ experience instructing prehospital providers
* EMSRB Advanced Examiner
* DOT Certified instructor
* ACLS/ PALS Instructor
* Field Training Officer
* Knowledge of working with technical equipment, problem-solving/ maintenance of simulation equipment.
* Knowledge of college goals and Ridgewater College’s mission.
* Knowledge of Ridgewater College Nursing and/ or Medical Assistant Programs.
* Knowledge of English Language Learners, computer skills, study skills, etc.
* Communication skills (verbal, written) are essential.
* Ability to learn to use simulation equipment, create moulage and support faculty as directed in simulation learning experiences.
* Ability to work independently in assisting students with lab resources.
* Knowledge of student support services such as career development and educational planning.
* Ability to work with administration, faculty, staff and agencies.
* Knowledge of the ADA and other legal and privacy issues.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our differences make us stronger and leveraging them helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence and understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or age.
Click "apply" to apply online
AA/EEO employer - A member of Minnesota State