TCL Housing Specialist #403382
TCL Housing Specialist
Position #: 403382
Location: Greensboro or West End
Hiring Salary Range: $54,720 - $55,200
Position can be remote, in office, or hybrid. Travel in the catchment and face to face meetings are required.
Sandhills Center is a Local Management Entity-Managed Care Organization (LME-MCO) serving individual in eleven counties in central North Carolina. We have a robust network of providers who offer treatment and support services for mental health, intellectual/developmental disabilities and substance use disorders.
The purpose of the Supportive Housing Specialist is to foster an atmosphere of support and collaboration amongst landlords and providers to increase access to affordable housing and improve community tenure for the people we serve. Providers who are proficient in tenancy support skills is critical to a successful supportive housing model and to the reduction of evictions and other housing barriers.
Responsibilities & Duties
• Provide regular training on Fair Housing and Olmstead to providers throughout Sandhills regions
• Monitors programs and providers to ensure compliance with the guidelines and regulations in the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
• Coordinates Sandhills and provider’s activities related to, and overall compliance with, any/all housing and ADA related settlement agreements or consent decrees.
• Provides ongoing training and technical assistance to providers to ensure compliance with all applicable Federal and local housing regulations, laws and standards.
• Remains current on housing best practices, policies and trends
• Collaborate & Provide Consultation
• Provides ongoing advice, consultation and technical assistance to supervisor and senior level staff on housing matters
• Provides advocacy and technical assistance to landlords and property managers who are willing to house persons with behavioral health conditions
• Implement Program Activities
• Convene a housing provider roundtable to provide technical assistance and ensure implementation of service definitions related to housing tenure
• Coordinates and assists with housing placements for homeless individuals and families with special healthcare needs as well as those identified with Transition to Community Living
• Maintains records particularly related to outcomes and performance indicators
• Implement effective landlord recruitment strategies to expand housing portfolio
Qualifications are Master's degree in psychology, social work or a related human service field, and two years of experience in professional level treatment programming; or Bachelor's degree in one of the fields listed and three years' experience as indicated above; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be a QP and prefer experience working with adults that have severe and persistent Mental Illness.
Must reside in North Carolina.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and three (3) years of experience in Human Services, with at least two (2) years of experience in housing required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Exceptional interpersonal skills, highly effective communication ability, and the propensity to make prompt independent decisions based upon relevant facts.
Problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
Strong knowledge of behavioral health and intellectual/developmental disabilities.
Knowledge of housing principles, guidelines, laws and concepts.
knowledge of housing market trends.
Knowledge of all guidelines and regulations in the Americans with Disability Act
• Local Government Retirement Plan
• 401k with a 3% match
• Paid Vacation, Sick, and Holiday leave
• Medical, Dental, Vision and Disability Coverage
• Life Insurance
• Flexible Spending Account