Certified Pharmacy Technician
Solutions Pharmacy has an immediate opening for a full-time Certified Pharmacy Technician.
Solutions Pharmacy is an independently owned compounding pharmacy located in Ooltewah, TN that has been providing customized compounded medications to patients since 1960. The pharmacy is seeking a highly motivated certified pharmacy technician to assist the pharmacist in the preparation, packaging, and fulfillment of pharmacy orders. Our pharmacy team is dedicated to providing expert pharmaceutical care and custom solutions to help patients live healthy lives.
The certified pharmacy technicians’ position is Monday through Friday 10:00 am to 6:00 pm with a one-hour lunch break and no weekends or holidays. The company does not offer health insurance.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
• Maintain a knowledge of and follow Solutions Pharmacy Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
• Follow Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) to maintain patient confidentiality
• Adherence to USP 795 and USP 800 in the compounding and filling of medications
• Demonstrate accuracy with basic pharmaceutical calculations
• Assist the pharmacist with the preparation and dispensing of medications and supplies under the direct supervision of the pharmacist
• Answer phone calls, perform data entry, and process refill requests maintaining professionalism during communications with patients and physicians
• Ability to work closely with other coworkers in a patient-centered approach to pharmaceutical care
• Demonstrate an ability to pay attention to details and have a positive problem-solving attitude
• Organize and file documents and prescriptions
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Active Pharmacy Technician License in Tennessee
• Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) certificate preferred
• Compounding experience preferred but not required
• Computer literacy
• Basic mathematical skills
• Detail-oriented with strong emphasis on oral and written communication
• Quality customer service and problem-solving skills
• Work as a team member