FT/PT Medical Assistant
Busy South St. Louis County urology office looking for an experienced Medical Assistant. Part-time and full-time opportunities available. Excellent salary and benefits.
Are you looking for a rewarding experience as a Medical Assistant where patients are treated like family? Then look no further and apply for a position in our exciting St. Louis County urology practice.
South County Urological has a long history of medical excellence and we are looking for an energetic medical assistant to join our team, assisting our physicians and staff, and helping ensure quality care for our patients.
We have immediate full-time and part-time opportunities to place medical assistants to provide back of practice help and support. If you are looking for the perfect opportunity to enhance your skills and make a difference in the lives of patients, then this is right for you.
We provide excellent salary and benefits, paid time off and a Monday-Friday schedule.
Qualifications: Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program is preferred; 1 year or more of Medical Assistant preferred. Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
For more information or to submit your resume for consideration, please click Apply Now or fax to (314) 843-3004.
- Verify patient information, take health history, record medical history, confirm purpose of visit
- Prepare patient for examination by performing preliminary physical tests, taking vital signs
- Secure patient information and keep patient information confidential
- Assist healthcare provider in completing examination and procedures as instructed
- Completely fill out lab slips and other forms when necessary
- Maintain treatment rooms including cleaning rooms as scheduled and stocking rooms daily
- Clean and sterilize medical instruments
- Complete faxes, e prescription refills as directed by healthcare provider
- Assist in phone calls, messages as directed by healthcare provider
- Maintain safe, secure and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures complying with legal regulations including OSHA, HIPAA and our office procedure
- Keep supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders and verifying receipt
- Ensure equipment is operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance, calling for repairs
- Any other duties or responsibilities the clinical/managerial staff may assign from time to time when the need arise
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Walking patients to their exam rooms
- Scribing and entering information as needed in EMA
- Obtains patient consents for procedures
- Setting up and assisting physician with medical procedures
- Reviews instructions with patients
- Prepares and maintains exam rooms
- Maintains and tracks medical supply inventory
- Sterilizes medical instruments
- Takes and addresses patient calls, and answers basic patient questions regarding treatments, procedures, and diagnoses
- Assists with patient care coordination
- Assists with answering phones and scheduling patients
- Assists with patient check-in and check-out if needed
- Other duties as assigned
Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program is preferred; 1 year or more of Medical Assistant preferred. Basic knowledge of medical terminology.