Respiratory Therapist - Troy, NY - Various Positions Open: FT Days/Nights and Per Diem Days
Respiratory Therapist – Samaritan Hospital/Albany Memorial
Potential Sign-on bonus
If you are looking for a Respiratory Therapist position to meet your schedule, this could be your opportunity. Here at St. Peter's Health Partner's, we care for more people in more places.
- Quality of Life: Where career opportunities and quality of life converge
- Advancement: Strong orientation program, generous tuition allowance and career development
- Work/Life: Positions and shifts to accommodate all schedules
What you will do:
- As an RT you will work at assessing, treating and caring for patients of all ages who suffer from pulmonary (breathing) disorders. In addition to analyzing and performing diagnostic testing, respiratory therapists perform relevant exams as well as set up and utilize cardiopulmonary equipment and machines needed to assist or monitor the patients breathing.
- Gather data to be able to accurately assess a patient's current health status
- Assess the patient according to the patient's physical or age related needs
- Observe, record and report symptoms, reactions and progress of patients
- Administer and record prescribed medications, treatments and diagnostic procedures
- Responsible for airway management including performing endotracheal intubations and extubations, pulmonary hygiene, and tracheostomy care and emergency life support procedures
- Provides extensive health education to patients and to the general population through community services.
What you will need:
- Associates Degree in Respiratory Therapy
- Current NY State RT License
- ACLS and BLS certificates
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.