Trauma Data & Outcomes Analyst
University Health is currently seeking a Trauma Data & Outcomes Analyst to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company with a reputation for exceptional service and patient care.
Position will be a part of a dynamic team and will contribute to improving trauma care and patient outcomes through data-driven insights. As a Trauma Data & Outcomes Analyst, this position will have a direct impact on enhancing healthcare practices and promoting injury prevention. The Trauma Data & Outcomes Analyst will play a vital role in analyzing and interpreting data related to traumatic injuries. The primary responsibility will be to compiling, managing, and analyzing, and interpreting large volumes of trauma data to provide valuable insights and support decision-making in the field of trauma care and injury prevention. Analyst will be responsible for project management, maintains a good working relationship with all staff members and key stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing, statistics, epidemiology, public health or related field is required.
- Advanced degree (Masters or Doctoral) is preferred.
- Certifications required within 18 months of hire: Certified Specialist in Trauma Registry (CSTR) and Certified Abbreviated Injury Scale Specialist (CAISS)
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a health care setting is required.
- Experience conducting analyses on large databases is required and trauma data analytics is preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable in trauma patient care standards and practice.
- Strong analytical skills with experience in statistical analysis software and data visualization tools (e.g., SPSS, Tableau)
- Report building experience from EMR, trauma registry, and other data sets
- Knowledge of trauma care protocols, injury classification systems (AIS, ICD) and trauma registry data elements.
- Proficient in database management and date manipulation techniques
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to maintain data accuracy and integrity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex data findings effectively
- Experience in healthcare or trauma related research is highly preferred
- Familiarity with quality implement methodologies and best practices is preferred
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Generous PTO accrual
- Amazing benefits package
- Employee discounts to various retailers