Trauma Outcomes Coordinator
University Health is currently seeking a Trauma Outcomes Coordinator to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company with a reputation for exceptional service and patient care.
The Trauma Outcomes Coordinator must possess a background in trauma nursing and performance improvement and patient safety. This position assists the trauma quality program to promote the delivery of optimal and efficient services across the continuum of trauma care, from pre-hospital to rehabilitation. The Trauma Outcomes Coordinator requires knowledge and skill in nursing practice, evidence-based practices, trauma center operations, quality and process improvement, principles of teaching. Through collaboration with Trauma Services faculty/staff, responsible for, ensuring continuous improvement in care of the injured patient from admission through patient disposition and follow-up. Responsible for maintaining documented records of assigned trauma PI activities and security of the Trauma Outcomes database. Obtains and analyzes information in order to develop new or modify existing PI initiatives. Creates customized reports based on analyses of data for dissemination and makes recommendations to improve the quality of trauma care and outcomes. Utilizes state and national benchmarks to determine trauma care standards. May serve as facilitator/leader of process improvement efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Must have practiced as a RN for minimum of 3 years in an Emergency Department or Critical Care Area, including experience providing care to trauma patients.
- Current licensure by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas or proof of reciprocity of licensure between the State of Texas and another state.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Trauma Outcomes and Performance Improvement Course (TOPIC) within 12 months of employment
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) Provider within 12 months of employment
- Trauma Care After Resuscitation (TCAR) or Pediatric Care After Resuscitation (PCAR) within 12 months of employment
- Professional certification (CEN, CCRN, TCRN, or similar) within 1 year of employment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas is required
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Generous PTO accrual
- Amazing benefits package
- Employee discounts to various retailers