Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer - Echo Lab w/Call
To provide professional dietetic and research skills, and serve as the Bionutrition Manager. Will be responsible for in planning, directing and serving of nutritionally balanced meals for subjects participating in nutritional or metabolic studies, and the supervision of daily operations of dietary staff and metabolic kitchen.
Master's Degree in nutrition with a minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience. Must be registered (RD) and licensed (LD). Must have excellent computer skills; must have good knowledge of food analysis software (e.g. Microsoft excel, work, PowerPoint, NDS-R, ProNutra).
Specific Job Related Duties:
- Oversees Quality Management /Quality Assurance Programs.
- Oversees all dietary components of bed rest studies (i.e. menu planning, aliquots, weekly telcons).
- Attends study coordination meetings to determine the level of bionutrition intensity/support required for studies.
- Daily management of dietary personnel.
- Supervises the preparation and serving of meals for well-controlled feeding studies.
- Communicates with and advises investigators, coordinators, and subjects on dietary requirements, food-safety issues and nutrition constraints for all protocols.
- Maintains interface with Research Nurse Manager, administrative personnel, investigators and subjects to provide information and to resolve problems relating to operational activities.
- Provides nutrition consults to screening subjects and provide nutrition instructional materials to assist subjects upon completion of the study protocol.
- Utilizes nutrient-calculation software (NDSR) to determine fixed composition diets (macro- and micro- nutrients) to meet caloric needs of bed rest subjects and other studies with a nutrition component; provides dietary intervention by recalculation of nutrient intake based on changes of subject’s weights during the study as needed.
- Translates nutrition data into metabolically-controlled diets in accordance to protocols.
- Assess subjects’ tolerance to study diet for all studies and make adjustments as necessary.
- Serves as dietitian for community research projects/studies as needed, including current diabetes project.Meet with community study participants individually to complete a full dietary assessment, assist with food selections and meal planning, provide individual nutrition recommendations (kcal & CHO) and work with participant on goal setting.
- Follow participants throughout the course of the intervention and conduct 2-3 follow-up consultations.
- Educate participants on nutrition-specific knowledge and reinforce what they have learned in the iDSMES portion of the program.
- Work with participants to determine needs for food pantry items and serve as a liaison between the participant and food pantry staff.
- Coordinate with other members of the study team (iDSMES program staff, Case Managers, etc.) to ensure all participant needs are met.
- Provide dietary data to investigators in a timely manner.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
Commensurate with experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.