Finance Specialist I - Finance (Galveston)
Associate’s degree or equivalent and 2 years related experience.
Assists with transactional, budget, and analytical support with moderate supervision. Supports preparation of special projects, presentations and provides technical expertise regarding financial activities.
This position is full-time located in UTMB’s Bursar’s Office on the Galveston Campus, with responsibilities split between Cash Office and Accounts Payable operations. Primary job functions include accurate cash receipting and bookkeeping for all cash operations and supplier vendor disbursements within UTMB, along with a variety of other operational duties.
- This position is a full-time position located on the Galveston Campus, with no remote work option.
- Provides excellent Customer Service over the phone and in-person.
- Effectively communicates with contacts throughout the institution to promptly and efficiently take payments, distribute checks, and resolve issues.
- Actively partners with academic, healthcare, and institutional support areas whose services are supported by the Cash Receipting and Accounts Payable functions, including Revenue Cycle Operations, Ambulatory Operations, Student Services, General Accounting, Procurement, Payroll and Treasury Services.
- Enters transaction data into the EPIC Patient Accounting and PeopleSoft Cash Receipting systems and maintains detailed accounting and deposit documentation.
- Post and process receipts and payments for goods and services; prepare data / information for daily transactions.
- Verifies, audits, and approves disbursement of funds for assigned vendors via Purchase Order (PO) voucher entry and/or non-purchase order (Non-PO) voucher entry
- Preparation, processing and checking of accounting documents; Analyzes data for accuracy, reviews data and reconciliations, research transactions and initiate corrective action when necessary.
- Maintains physical control of a change fund and reconciles the cash drawer to the Cash Receipting system. Utilizes ImageNow online imaging system for data input, and to review and obtain scanned supporting documents.
- AP Mail Operations - Sort all incoming mail as needed and operate high speed scanning machine to incorporate all mailed items into the Accounts Payable imaging system; Operate letter opener machine to open incoming mail. Operate date/time stamp for same to record date of receipt.
- Maintain record of hardcopy AP mail for thirty days prior to appropriate disposal.
- Maintain log of incoming AP refund checks.
- Accounts Payable and Cash Receipting requires minimal work errors, a strong attention to detail, and a high-quality work product.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
- Performs related duties as required.
Actual salary commensurate with experience.
Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm and as needed on occasion.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.