Lead Sterile Supply Technician - Hospital Materials Management (Galveston)
High School diploma or GED and 4 years’ experience.
Responsible for overseeing the supply management and daily availability of commodity, specialty, consigned, and implant supplies for OR service lines and procedure areas. Providing supply chain support for surgical services, while exemplifying the mission, vision, and values of UTMB and acting in accordance with UTMB policies and procedures. Responsible for oversight of team members for effective and efficient distribution of surgical supplies to designated locations, inclusive of automated supply inventory cabinets, support rooms, sterile areas, sterile processing, and all other appropriate areas within the Operating Room.
• Oversight of Sterile Supply Technician staff in OR and procedural areas.
• Works with clinical staff to ensure accuracy of supplies for procedures, problem solves issues, and escalates to OR MM or Inventory Control Specialist (ICS) when necessary.
• Verifies case cart accuracy.
• Works with OR MM and ICS to manage Inventory Systems, PAR locations, and Inventory.
• Works with OR MM and ICS to ensure proper management of consignment inventory.
• Reviews daily surgery schedule and coordinates staff to pull cases appropriately.
• Escalates inventory shortages to OR MM or ICS immediately.
• Oversees daily inventory of Inventory Systems, including reviewing reports with ICS.
• Assists OR MM team in daily duties to ensure proper workflow of area.
• Assists OR MM in hiring and onboarding, schedule coordination, performance review feedback, reward, and disciplinary actions.
• Interacts with clinical staff cordially and professionally.
• Ensures and oversees environmental cleanliness and order in specific work areas.
• Manages Joint Commission checklist and assists in random audits.
• Must be flexible with schedule and provide coverage when needed, including after hours and weekends when necessary.
• Actively participates in quality improvement processes.
• Performs fiscal year-end physical inventories.
• Provides assistance, guidance, and backup for related personnel in the Supply Chain department
• Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
• Works independently with minimal oversight (night shift)
• Ability to effectively communicate (oral and written) with the staff, management, and customers.
• Ability to use a computer, both desktop, and handheld.
• Basic math and computer skills.
• Manual dexterity and memory are critical to this function.
• Associate Degree
• Previous OR inventory management experience.
• Hospital supply chain experience.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Preferred Licenses, Registrations, Certifications:
Any of the following or equivalent: CRCST, CIS, CER, CHL.
Actual salary commensurate with experience.
• Varying environmental exposure including warehouses, loading docks, sterile procedure areas, and the general access areas of the university.
• Occasional repositioning of resources may be required between campuses to meet the immediate needs of the university
• Standard office equipment including copy machine, PC, Inventory System Consoles, mobile phone (if assigned), etc.
• Specific job requirements or physical location will, from time to time, expose sensitive and protected information which will require compliance with all policies, rules, and regulations (rules and regulations which may be adjusted and changed by other authorities).
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.