Research Development Specialist I, Institute for Drug Discovery
To provide grant proposal development services to faculty members and research personnel to enable competitive individual and team extramural research funding and facilitate research excellence. Supports faculty in multiple departments and/or center(s) in all phases of the research proposal process.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Specific Job Related Duties:
- Provides strategic, proactive, catalytic and capacity-building proposal writing expertise to faculty members and researchers.
- Initiates and nurtures critical partnerships and alliances throughout the institution’s research enterprise, with institutional partners and other external stakeholders to increase institutional research competitiveness.
- Provides analytical, technical and professional support in writing funding proposals, including development of hypotheses, aims, and objectives, grantsmanship and limited scientific review. Counsels and assists junior faculty and assists senior faculty in these tasks.
- Identifies and maintains research alliances with potential collaborative partners and funding agencies to formulate and implement specific research projects.
- Monitors funding agency changes and priorities and identifies funding opportunities suited for faculty member(s) based upon their research expertise.
- Works between the center/department, university administrative department(s), the faculty, and funding agencies for activities related to proposal development and submission.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
- Excellent internet skills, and knowledge of Microsoft Office software and Adobe Acrobat applications.
- Must possess written and verbal communications expertise, demonstrated leadership, initiative and interpersonal skills.
Commensurate with experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.