Research Nurse III, Research Administration
Coordinates and provides advanced professional nursing skills on complex research projects in a unit, clinic, or hospital involving patient related research efforts. Responsibilities include assessing, developing, implementing and evaluation a plan of nursing care in a research unit using advanced professional nursing skills requiring specialized training or experience.
Registered Nurse plus five years of professional nursing experience in direct patient care or research in approved specialty area. Licensed by the State of Texas to practice as a Registered Nurse.
Specific Job Related Duties:
- Coordinates complex research projects that involve the supervision of research activities.Screens patients for protocol eligibility and participation in clinical trials.
- Participates in the coordination and monitoring of patient treatment and dispensing of study medication.
- Monitors and evaluates patient response to protocol treatment in collaboration with the physician.
- Works closely with PI, other healthcare professionals, and potential families of subjects to insure the standards of good clinical practice, IRB requirements, and state-federal regulations are being observed.
- Participates in decision making of research practice, in study design, IRB protocol submission and maintenance.
- Performs chart reviews and analyzes data when authorized by Investigators following HIPAA guidelines.
- Enters and maintains data into database.
- Assists in preparing and entering IRB protocols and proposals and monitors compliance of human subjects.
- Educates patients and assists in obtaining informed consent.
- Schedules study visits and meetings related to studies.
- Maintains education on trials and updates Investigators
- Performs procedures related to study requirements.
- May perform the following:
- Prepare regulatory documents to be sent to the Sponsor; under direction of PI may draft various communications with Sponsor;
- Assist the physician in protocol analysis, using computer statistical/data management packages or present data from clinical trials in publication and/or formal oral presentations.
- Collaborate with the physician and/or protocol sponsor regarding protocol design, implementation and evaluation.
- Provides training and guidance to research nurses and other research personnel and serves as a resource to staff.
- Plans and participates in orientation, peer review and staff development programs.
- Attends and participates in campus coordinator workshops
- Prepares for certification exam after requirements are met
- Maintains licensures through continuing education (CEU)
- Basic PC skills, including word processing, report writing & e-mail skills
- Spanish language skills may be a plus
- Good written and verbal English skills
- Developing good organizational and time management skills
Commensurate with experience
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.