Senior Business Coordinator - Facilities Services
Bachelors degree or equivalent and 2 years of office related experience.
To manage, coordinate, and directly support the administrative and business management, and/or staff activities within a Process/Department. Ability to think & act on own initiative in providing process management of financial, human resource, and administrative support functions.
- Financial related tasks:
- Compiles and prepares detailed financial, statistical, and annual reports
- Must comprehend the basic financial statements’ structures
- Prepares comparative financial analysis, fluctuation explanations, and recommends corrective action
- Analyzes financial data and determines items to be accrued & journalized for month/year-end-close
- Performs reconciliation of net position accounts to closely monitor departments’ financial condition
- Assists in budget preparation by completing supporting documentation & update the budget system
- Maintains financial stability through accurate validation of net position, revenue, & expenses
- Prepares departmental sub-certifications to comply with reporting requirements
- HR related tasks:
- Provides staff assistance in the interpretation of Human Resources (HR) policies & procedures
- Serves as departmental liaison with HR relating to employee disciplinary & grievance issues
- May assist in keeping employees’ time records in Kronos
- Facilitates the development of internal policies & procedures to ensure reporting compliance
- Customer Service:
- Provide internal (UTMB staff and leadership) and external (vendors and other agencies) requests
- Responsible for administrative support tasks at the executive level
- Ability to think independently and make decisions as necessary
- Provides team support regarding technical expertise, training, coaching, and team facilitation.
- Learns the operational aspect of the business to appropriately support departments
- Stays current with applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations
- Serves as Department Records Coordinator for retention and disposition of records
- Initiates action plans to develop skills and knowledge that will provide team/area leadership direction
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
- Performs special projects and related duties as assigned and required.
- Skilled in Advanced Excel mainly Pivot and Formulas
- Proficient in using UTMB’s financial tools (Hyperion & PeopleSoft) and its structure
Actual salary commensurate with experience.
Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm and as needed on occasion.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.