Senior Payment Researcher, Revenue Cycle Solutions
High school or equivalent and two years of experience.
To provide advanced research skills and payment posting to patient accounts as well as serve in a training capacity within the physician's billing system for all monies deposited to the MSRDP account for professional fees.
- Records log status on log control sheet.
- Prepares daily research and posts productivity reports on each employee.
- Researches and posts all payments.
- Research and posts accounts according to specified productivity levels.
- Phones insurance companies when necessary to obtain information.
- Verifies and authorizes all payment and adjustment transaction corrections.
- Identifies checks which need physician charges loaded to process payments to the accounts.
- Authorizes the physician's charges for payments to be applied.
- Monitors all specified time frames.
- Trains new employees.
- Assists subordinate employees with difficult checks and answers questions.
- Adheres to internal controls established for department.
- Performs related duties as required.
Actual salary commensurate with experience.
Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm and as needed on occasion.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.