Social Worker MSW, Psychiatry/Behavioral Science (LCSW)
JOB DESCRIPTION: This position provides psychotherapy services to patients of the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences in an outpatient clinic setting.
Master's degree in Social Work or related field; 2 years experience required. Must be licensed to practice as a Social Worker in Texas (LBSW, LMSW, LCSW).
Specific Job Related Duties:
- Provide psychotherapy to children, adolescents and adult patients.
- Utilize evidence-based practices into professional practice to address therapeutic issues.
- Document assessments and progress notes in the patient’s electronic medical record in accordance with departmental policy.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure
Commensurate with experience
Preferred Work Experience:
- 2 years of experience providing psychotherapy services to children and/or adults.
- Must have current LCSW license.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.