Athletic Trainer, Medical Assistant or Patient Care Technician
Valley View is seeking a full-time Athletic Trainer, Medical Assistant or Patient Care Tech to work with our ValleyOrtho team at our Aspen and Basalt locations. $1,000 Sign-On Bonus
Athletic Trainer Description
ValleyOrtho at Valley View Hospital is looking for a full time athletic trainer to join our orthopedic clinic. The athletic trainer will practice mainly at the Glenwood Springs clinic as well as travel to satellite offices up and down the Roaring Fork Valley. There is flexibility to provide traditional outreach AT coverage in partnership with our high schools AT’s; to include club and community sporting events. The Athletic Trainer will be a direct liaison between the provider and their patient; helping to ensure excellent care from when the patient walks in the door to when they leave. We’re looking for the following to meet our open position:
- Preferred clinical experience in an orthopedic physician practice
- Strong work ethic; willingness to work full spectrum scope of practice
- Ability to lead by example and prioritize multiple tasks to ensure clinic efficiency
- Ability to take direction and work exceptionally well with a team
- Rooming patients
- Chart prep and imaging review
- Suture removal, wound care and dressing changes
- Injection and in-office procedure set-up
- Casting, DME, HEP and crutch instruction
- Keep patients informed of appointment status throughout their visit
- Stocking, cleaning of rooms/turn over, room set-up
- Administrative/clerical duties
- Maintain compliance with all HIPPA and OSHA regulations and patient safety policies
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- NATA Certification.
- Demonstrated athletic training skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.