Cardiac Nuclear Medicine Technologist
Cardiac Nuclear Medicine Technologist to join our team, overseeing the procedures and analysis of complex nuclear equipment. The ideal candidate has approximately one to two years of experience and is familiar with radiology procedures, as well as cardiology equipment and technology. This position also requires the capability to monitor nuclear medicine procedures, process data, conduct research and create reports. The successful candidate will have the ability to work independently on a daily basis.
1. Comply with all safety and health standards, and all rules, regulations, and orders which are applicable to the individual’s own position, actions, and conduct.
2. Aid in assessing patient status.
3. Coordinate patient exams, patient information, including medical chart, charge slips.
4. Obtain needed patient information.
5. Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical exposure parameters accurately.
6. Prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within accepted scope of practice, and applicable state/federal regulations.
7. Process diagnostic imaging procedures and records radiopharmaceutical administration to patients.
8. Apply radiation control measures.
9. May monitor the hemodynamic and cardiac status during diagnostic procedures.
10. Operates a variety of complex stationary and mobile diagnostic equipment.
11. Perform environmental safety checks as required. Performs quality assurance procedures on the equipment as required.
12. Organize and keep files of digital nuclear exams.
13. Perform various nuclear radiological procedures as directed and needed.
14. Operate all appropriate equipment as is needed to perform nuclear procedures.
15. Retrieve all supplies and equipment as needed or requested. Receives and records appropriate information regarding receipt of radioactive materials and pharmaceuticals. Maintenance and inventory of all supplies and equipment.
16. Ensures compliance with the radioactive materials licensure requirements.
17. Notify appropriate people of equipment failures.
18. Maintain current ACLS.
19. Maintain all licensures and certifications as required for position.
20. Maintains mandated continuing education requirements.
21. Maintain accreditation requirements for ICANL.
This is a fulltime position in a cardiology practice of seven cardiologists. The salary is negotiable, there is a benefit package.
Careers - Wyoming Cardiopulmonary Services, PC (wyoheart.com)