Behavioral Health Consultant hiring bonus $10,000
The Behavioral Health Consultant provides primary care-based behavioral health services to clients with complex or chronic needs depending on assigned program as determined in the treatment or care plan of the client. Counseling or therapeutic services are provided as part of a team, with primary care-based services being integrated into the care plan directed by the primary care provider. We offer this position at either PsyD/PhD clinical psychologist, or independently licensed Master’s-level mental health therapist.
What We Offer
- Clinical Psychologist:
- $10,000 hiring bonus paid in first paycheck.
- Salary $120,000.
- Master’s-level independently licensed therapist:
- $5,000 hiring bonus in first paycheck, $2,000 bonus at 12 months.
- Salary $100,000.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, continuing education, and more.
- Responds to requests from primary care providers to address behavioral health needs of medical clinic patients to maintain a warm hand-off for most patient encounters.
- Provides brief intervention for presenting problems and triage for on-going treatment services as needed.
- Completes encounters and associated documentation, including coding and billing.
- Presents case studies and reports to funding sources or as requested by outside organizations.
- Measures change and adjusts treatment as needed, using appropriate screening tools.
- Provides cognitive behavioral therapy to individuals, families, groups or communities as assigned. Integrates cognitive behavioral interventions in multiple settings.
- Enters documentation into the electronic medical record (EMR).
- Responds to crisis situations, assessing urgency of patient’s needs, provides care, and obtains appropriate services as needed.
- Assists patient and family in obtaining additional services and other resources as needed. Documents all referrals made to other resources.
- As assigned, participates in various community meetings and serves as a liaison to numerous community agencies and organizations, including school districts, hospitals, law enforcement, Division of Children and Family Services (DCFS) staff, and tribal authorities.
- Presents mental health/behavioral health findings and recommendations in verbal or written format to appropriate professionals either upon request or as part of a regular case presentation for peer review or clinical meeting.
- Leads staff training sessions on new therapeutic techniques and practices. Provides training and education on clinical topics to team members, staff and the community, as needed.
- Performs clinical responsibilities in alignment with The Joint Commission (TJC), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), and YVFWC requirements.
Clinical Psychologist Requirements
- Education: Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) or Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D.) in Clinical Psychology.
- Experience Preferred: One year’s clinical experience working within a multidisciplinary team in primary care or other medical settings providing diagnostic and psychological assessments, for primary care-based positions. One year’s clinical experience working with children, adolescents and families for specialty behavioral health settings.
- Licenses/Registration: Licensed Psychologist within the state of practice. First Aid/Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification obtained within 45 days of employment.
Master’s Level Therapist Requirements
- Education: Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or related field.
- Experience: Two years’ experience postgraduate/master’s experience in the direct treatment of persons with mental illness or emotional disturbance; such experience must have been gained under the supervision of a mental health professional.
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration: One of the following licenses is required for this position (must apply for within one week of hire if the license is not current):
- Oregon State Board of Licensed Social Workers
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Clinical Social Work Association (CSWA)
- Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification obtained within 45 days of hire.
- Oregon State Board of Licensed Social Workers
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not required
We serve more than 197,000 patients across 28 medical clinics, 15 dental clinics, 11 pharmacies, and 49 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.