Dental Hygienist 32 hours + $6k hiring bonus
This is a 32 hours per week position.
What We Offer
- Sign-on bonus of $6,000 paid in your first paycheck.
- $43-$51/hour DOE.
- Additional pay for your bilingual skills.
- Work 32 hours/week and receive full benefit package, including 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and more.
- Maintains patient medical records, updating patient medical history and vital signs as needed.
- Conducts complete patient X-ray procedure including taking, developing and storing the X-Rays as necessary.
- Completes periodontal charting as directed.
- Prepares tools and equipment necessary for the Provider and assists Provider with the exams as necessary.
- Performs preventative periodontal care on patients including scaling, prophylaxis, root planing, and the application of preventative agents and sealants.
- Performs expanded functions including placing and carving amalgam and composite restorations, application of cavity liners, and placement/removal of temporary crowns.
- Administers local anesthesia and nitrous oxide analgesia as necessary.
- Provides education and counsel for patients in oral hygiene. Formulates dental hygiene treatment plans for patients, consulting the provider as needed.
- Participates in the clinic’s infection control program, including sterilization of instruments and cleaning of operatories as needed. Provides input to the Dental Leadership team to assist in the development of goals and methods to increase efficiency of the Dental Clinic as needed.
- May participate in the development, implementation, and coordination of dental education programs provided inside and outside the organization.
- Performs clinical responsibilities in alignment with TJC, HRSA and org requirements.
- Performs clinical responsibilities in alignment with The Joint Commission (TJC), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), and YVFWC requirements.
- Education: Graduation from a Dental Hygiene school.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Active wA Dental Hygiene License. CPR certification within 90 days of employment.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Bilingual (English/Spanish) candidates are encouraged to apply. If you demonstrate the ability to communicate at level 10 on the language proficiency scale, you will receive bilingual differential pay. Knowledge of standard dental practices and current hygiene concepts. Knowledge of and skilled in the delivery of dental anesthetic. Knowledge of and skilled in placing restorations. Ability to effectively assess, adapt and interact with a variety of patients of all ages, and employees in a professional manner. Ability to effectively manage one’s time, schedule, and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently, appropriately, and within required timelines. High level of dexterity and coordination. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Electronic Dental Records, Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
We serve more than 197,000 patients across 28 medical clinics, 15 dental clinics, 11 pharmacies, and 49 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.